Will Social Media Search Replace Google To Boost Organic Growth In 2023?
Social media platforms have become an important part of our lives. Whether we hate it or like it, we cannot live without it. If you are a business owner who wants his brand to become successful and get organic business growth in 2023, you have no other option but to step up your social media strategy and get the full benefit from it. With Gen Z turning to social media search bars more than Google search engines, it has become mandatory for business owners to optimize their content on various social media handles to increase their reach and grow as a brand.
With Google also promoting short video-type content which is in sync with current social media trends and format, investing time and effort in such content will reap great benefits in time to come.
Role of social media for brand building!
With the number of people using social media increasing every day, if you are not working on your social media strategy, you are leaving a lot of money untouched on the table. Let us look at some statistics reinforcing the importance of social media in brand building.
- 59% of the world’s population uses social media daily for an average time of two and a half hours.
- After Google, YouTube is the second most popular search engine for people.
- TikTok and Instagram are the preferred search platforms over Google for 40% of the Gen Z population.
- An average of 2 billion searches take place on Facebook in a day.
- Instagram helps 83% of its users in discovering new products and services.
Since users are spending more time on various social media platforms, these platforms can help you in getting more traffic and build your brand organically.
Social Media Optimization!
We have seen above how social media platforms can play a pivotal role in your brand’s success. So optimizing content on these platforms will be the wise thing to do. Let us see how you can optimize various social media platforms.
- Start using keywords from your business category and business description in your profile.
- Use the same keywords in captioning your content
- Post images and videos reflective of those keywords.
- Invest in video content to boost your reach, engagement, and search.
- Hashtags are effective only in Facebook reels.
Instagram plays an effective role in the discovery of new products and services. Optimize it to get the same benefit for your brand.
- Use the relative keyword in the name line having a limit of 64 characters.
- Use keywords in your bio.
- Insert keywords in your captions, hashtags, and alt tags.
- Each post uses 30 relevant hashtags which can be a mix of popular and niche categories.
- Invest in carousels and reels for better reach, engagement, and search.
If your target audience is Gen Z then optimizing Tik Tok can be of great help. Gen Z prefer Tik Tok and Instagram over Google.
- Use relevant keywords in the name line having a limit of 30 characters.
- Use keywords in captions, hashtags, and actual videos.
- In each post use 3 to 5 hashtags which can be a mix of both popular and niche hashtags.
Since it is the second most popular search engine after Google, it is very important to have a noticeable presence on this platform.
- Title: Use keywords as close to the beginning as possible.
- Description: Above the fold use brief description and primary keywords and below the fold use secondary keywords and call to action.
- Tags: Use five to eight keywords.
- Hashtags: Use three hashtags relevant to keywords.
Since keywords play such an important role in optimizing all social medial platforms, it is important to be mindful of the selection of the right keywords relevant to your content and target audience.